Medical experts for Pulmonology / Lungs
- Pulmonology / Lungs Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Helmut Teschler
- Pulmonology / Lungs Berlin Prof. Dr. med. Norbert Suttorp
- Pulmonology / Lungs Grosshansdorf Prof. Dr. med. Klaus F. Rabe
- Pulmonology / Lungs Greifenstein Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Günther
- Pulmonology / Lungs Löwenstein Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Juergen Fischer
- Pulmonology / Lungs Donaustauf Prof. Dr. med. Michael Pfeifer
- Pulmonology / Lungs Hannover Prof. Dr. med. Tobias Welte
More information about pneumonology / lung
In the search for specialists in pneumonology you will find medical experts for treatment and surgical procedures in the speciality of pneumonology. You have asthma, bronchitis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and need an experienced pneumonologist? Here you will find selected pneumonology specialists.
Specialist in pneumology/pneumonologist
A pneumonologist is a specialist in respiratory medicine and specialises in the prevention, detection and conservative treatment of respiratory diseases of the lungs, the bronchi, the mediastinum and the pleura. The best known diseases in this area are asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis and lung cancer. Also among the most frequent indications in pneumonology are chronic lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, bronchial carcinoma, lung emphysema, pleurisy, cystic fibrosis, sleep apnoea syndrome and pulmonary embolus.
In addition to professional surgical knowledge, pneumonologists also have knowledge of diagnostic procedures, as well as disease-related pre- and post-diagnostic treatment. To become a specialist in pneumonology, a physician must complete six years of postgraduate training.
Therapeutic range of services of pneumonology
The therapeutic range of services of pneumonology comprises for the most part x-rays of the lungs, computer tomography (CT) of the lungs, spirometry, lung function tests, bronchoscopy, blood gas analysis, spiroergometry, allergy testing, ultrasound of the pleura and lung, pleural puncture, lung scintigraphy and thoracoscopy.