The Center of Ophthalmology at the University of Cologne is a national and international center of maximum care in ophthalmology. The center reproduces the complete spectrum of ophthalmic care on the highest level possible. We are available 24/7, 365 days of the year for our patients.
Focus points of medical treatment at the Center of Ophthalmology are
- conservative and surgical treatment of glaucoma patients
- conservative and surgical treatment of patients with corneal disorders, incl. all modern methods of lamellar cornea surgery (DMEK, DSAEK, DALK), refractive laser surgery and crosslinking (own eye bank)
- treatment of both children and adult patients with astigmatism and neuro-ophthalmic problems
- treatment of patients with benign and malignant eye tumors and disorders of the orbital cavity
- conservative and surgical treatment of patients with retinal disorders (incl. age-related macular degeneration) at the Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery (Head: Prof. Dr. B. Kirchhof)